We rode the redeye flight at 12:00 AM. When we got to the airport we found out that our flight was delayed, and we didn't end up leaving until an hour later. While we were waiting for our flight we heard an announcement for Stevenson to check in at the desk. Scott went to the desk and found out that they were bumping us up to first class! It was so nice riding the redeye while sitting in first class because we were so much more comfortable! It was nice and we were able to get a little bit of needed sleep. Here's a picture of us in first class:
To bring up my spirit, Scott took me shopping on Canal Street! I was able to get some cute purses! But of course, Scott had to haggle the poor salesman to get a good price. I might just end up with an amazing purse collection by the time we are done living in New York :)
Here's my beautiful new purse!
Here's my beautiful new purse!
We went to see the stores on 5th Avenue, looking at clothes and other fancy things way out of our price range! We went into the NBA store and saw this shrine to Michael Jordan. I thought that my brothers would appreciate it.
We also got some cheesecake because, well, that's just what you do in New York! Scott got Chocolate, and I got Strawberry.
The last day we also were able to walk through Central Park and people watch---something I love to do! We also saw the temple in Manhattan which was really cool.
Eventually, we flew home and were glad to be back! It was a tiring trip. We took the subway and walked everywhere! My feet were so sore--I decided that I'm going to get into really good shape living there since I will have to walk anywhere I want to go. I also decided that I'm never going to be able to straighten my hair because each time I did, it just went frizzy! It was a good trip but sort of stressful and emotional for me. There were a few times where I just thought, "this is going to be my life?" And other times where things were looking more positive for me. It is going to be hard moving---but an adventure at the same time.
My sister lives in New York and had the same problem with her hair when she moved there. She said that two things work... buy a chi flat iron(if you don't already have one) and try a serum after you flat iron your hair. She uses Girl Toys by Bed Head but there is also a paul mitchell one and an aveda one that both work great.
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you guys! You'll have sucha great time in New york. Are you going to ship all your stuff there or just sell it before you move?
Thanks for the tips! I just bought a CHI hopefully that will help!
ReplyDeleteWe are going to drive a moving truck out to NY. It's going to be a long drive!