One year ago I could have never given directions to anyone on the subway...
Yesterday I saw a lady on the E train that looked so confused. I asked her where she needed to go and figured out she was on the wrong train so I gave her instructions and told her to get off and wait for the correct train.
Then today on the way home I saw a girl looking at the subway map on the train and seemed stressed. I asked where she was going and told her which stop she needed to transfer at without even thinking about it. It just seemed like second nature.
I'm pretty proud of myself:)

you'll be a new yorker before you know it! : )
ReplyDeleteThat's cool, Ash. And even cooler that you'd take the time to help people you don't know. You're great.
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome! I hope in a year I'm doing the same thing. When people ask me for directions on the subway I have to tell them I'm not sure. I basically know how to get to my usual spots and that's about it.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Do you know where any good sushi restaurants are in Brooklyn/Manhattan?