Monday, October 25, 2010

Hawaii

Just over a week ago I returned from a trip with my parents and younger sister to Hawaii.  It was a lot of fun!  I just wanted to post a few pictures to document this trip.  I am very behind on blogging....  Most of these pictures I stole from my Mom's Facebook, thanks Mom!  We stayed on the big island of Hawaii in Waikoloa.

We took pictures of ourselves for entertainment while waiting for everyone to board the plane.

  
We enjoyed the beautiful scenery while we were there.  I really love palm trees.


We were able to take a trip over to the wet side of Hawaii where it rains more to the Volcanoes National Park.  It was very lush and beautiful on the wet side. 

Here is a picture of the vegetation we saw while going to the lava tubes.
 Inside the lava tubes.
.
One day we rode in a glass bottom boat and were able to see fish, turtles, and coral.

 These guys were working very hard keeping the trees at the hotel looking good.  They had these weird things on their legs to help them climb the trees.  It was interesting to watch.
 Of course we had some Shave Ice while we were there.
We also went to a luau, but I don't have any pictures from that. 

We went on a helicopter ride for my dad's birthday which was one of my favorite parts of the trip.  Flying over where eruptions had been felt like you were on a different planet.  It was so cool/crazy to see. 
Here are some pictures from the ride: 





This was at the end of the ride with our pilot.

It was a very fun trip!  It was also so nice to fly back to Utah and be able to see the rest of my family.  We celebrated my Dad's birthday along with my sister Amber's birthday.  I love my family!

 We got out the dress up stuff for my niece Taesya, and my brothers enjoyed it the most... lol.

It was a very enjoyable trip!  I felt bad that Scott was home studying though....

P.S. I still haven't unpacked all the way from my trip, I'm bad...

2 comments:

  1. Very fun! Ashley...you are short! lol that looks like you had tons of fun! And then the best part when you were back in Utah is we got to hang out! :)

    ReplyDelete