My friend Katherine Thomas introduced me to making these chicken rolls. She made them Freshman year and I loved them. I have made them many times but haven't ever followed a real recipe just knew from making them with Katherine. I finally made up a recipe how I make them by the request of my mom:) It is posted below. Know that everything is just estimated to how much I use so feel free to alter the recipe any way you want. I really like to have mashed potatoes with this recipe, but you could put anything else with it:)
Chicken Rolls
2 Chicken breasts
8 oz. Cream Cheese
1 T. Sage
2 Tubes Refrigerator Crescent Rolls
Melted Butter
Corn Bread Stuffing, crushed
Boil the chicken breasts until cooked. Dice Chicken. In a bowl combine cream cheese and sage. Add the chicken to the cream cheese mixture. Unroll the crescent rolls fill with chicken mixture. Stretch the crescent all around into a ball. Roll in melted butter and stuffing. Place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for about 15-20 minutes. Just until golden brown. Top with chicken roll sauce (recipe below)
Chicken Roll Sauce
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
½ cup Sour Cream
Milk to make desired consistency
Combine all ingredients, heat in microwave until hot.
Sorry these are all estimates---I hope it all makes sense.
I'm so glad you posted this!!! I've been wanting to ask you for it! Now I can make it for Josh! YAY!!!
ReplyDelete