These are the words I say at work about a billion times a day working at the Visitor Desk. For those of you who don't know I work in the Empire State Building. I haven't blogged about it yet as I am trying to catch up with blogging. I work at what's called the "Visitor Reception Desk." It is in the part of the building where the offices are and we check in the people coming for appointments. If a person wants to visit an office in the building the people in that office are supposed to put their name into the computer so we know they are approved to go. If they are registered in the system then we just print out the pass and they go up. If they aren't in the system then we have to call up to the office and ask them to approve the person to come up. If they do then we make a pass and send them up. If not, then we have to tell them they are not allowed to go up and send them away. If they give us problems then sometimes we have to involve security. Not too often, but if it gets out of hand. The job is very easy and you just do the same thing over and over. It is better than not having a job because now we have an income. It does get monotonous after a while though.Thursday, January 21, 2010
Welcome to the Empire State Building...Where are you going today?....Can I see your ID?
These are the words I say at work about a billion times a day working at the Visitor Desk. For those of you who don't know I work in the Empire State Building. I haven't blogged about it yet as I am trying to catch up with blogging. I work at what's called the "Visitor Reception Desk." It is in the part of the building where the offices are and we check in the people coming for appointments. If a person wants to visit an office in the building the people in that office are supposed to put their name into the computer so we know they are approved to go. If they are registered in the system then we just print out the pass and they go up. If they aren't in the system then we have to call up to the office and ask them to approve the person to come up. If they do then we make a pass and send them up. If not, then we have to tell them they are not allowed to go up and send them away. If they give us problems then sometimes we have to involve security. Not too often, but if it gets out of hand. The job is very easy and you just do the same thing over and over. It is better than not having a job because now we have an income. It does get monotonous after a while though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Brad worked at TSA, papa kim has some big guns and a furniture store that serves as a good day-to-day front, you're preventing terrors from accessing and spitting off the top of the empire state building, and your husband it learning to do rectal exams. I think you need to call a family pow wow and start a family security business..it would be like the A team, all you need is a van.
ReplyDeleteIf nothing else, at least you'll be able to tell your kids someday that you worked at the Empire State Building. It sounds cool, right?
ReplyDelete