I am so tired of hearing this! I know I am young and look even younger! I know that it is shocking to some that I am married! Why do you have to keep pointing it out to me? This is what I wonder to myself each and every day at work.
I have a few examples to share. My first day of work one of my coworkers called me "raggedy ann" because I looked so young with my curly red hair. I have gotten called young lady, kiddo, hon, sweetie, etc. by everyone I help. I used to pass for 12-13, but now I'm able to pass for 14-15 which is good news getting up there:)
A lot of people I meet notice that I'm married and feel very negatively about it and feel the need to point it out. I've had a lady tell me, "well I hope he's the right one!" All I said in response was, "he is!"
The most recent story is a guy that came in like last week. This is how the conversation went:
Mr. ?: What are you doing here?!
Ashley:Um... working
Mr. ?: You shouldn't be working in a place like this!
Ashley:Okay...
Mr. ?: Where are you from?
Ashley: Utah, near Salt Lake
Mr. ?: Utah? You never want to go back to Utah with all those Polygamists and Mormons!!!!
Ashley: Actually, polygamy is not practiced by the mormons anymore, and by the way I am mormon.
Mr. ?: (looking at my wedding ring) You look too young to be engaged to be married!
Ashley: Actually I have been married for 1 1/2 years and I am about to turn 23.
Mr. ?: You look like you are 14! You have made a big mistake!
Ashley: Here's your pass... have a great day sir! Goodbye.
People say that I will "love it when I'm older." But until then....I hate all the comments...
Here's to my 23rd birthday in March! Then people will be even more shocked when I tell them my real age:)
Ash, if I could give you some of my looks that make people think im older I would :) that was sure an interesting conversation you had with that guy! Haha love you Ash!
ReplyDeleteI am loving all these post, Ashley! Keep them coming! And I've been getting the same thing "What? Are you old enough to have kids?"
ReplyDeleteYES!!
Wait till you're pregnant! Won't people give you looks then! Teen pregnancy...
ReplyDeleteOh, and Courtney, my friends that were over on Sunday thought for sure you and Cody were in college.
ReplyDelete