No, not the real lottery... the lottery to win front row tickets for In The Heights (a show on Broadway).
Here's the story:
Scott and I were thinking about what we wanted to do during his school break. Since I had to work each day we decided to try to win lottery tickets for a show.
For those of you not familiar, for certain shows on broadway they reserve the front row of the theater for people to have the chance to win them for around 25 dollars a piece. You go to the theater like 2 1/2 hours before the show to enter your name in a drawing. About a half an hour later they draw a certain number of people to win tickets. If your name gets drawn you can buy up to 2 tickets for about 25 dollars but prices vary depending on the show. If you have ever purchased tickets to a broadway show you know that these tickets are usually over 100 dollars a piece.
Back to the story... We decided to meet at the theater right after I got off work on Thursday. On Thursday it was a gross snowy, slushy day. We figured that we'd have a good chance to win because of the weather. We entered our names and waited... and we won! Well my name got drawn. We have found that I am more lucky than Scott when it comes to winning tickets because I have won 2 times so far. We were so excited to see the show!
The Show:
Here's the storyline from the website--In the Heights tells the universal story of a vibrant community in Manhattan's Washington Heights – a place where the coffee from the corner bodega is light and sweet, the windows are always open, and the breeze carries the rhythm of three generations of music. It's a community on the brink of change, full of hopes, dreams and pressures, where the biggest struggles can be deciding which traditions you take with you, and which ones you leave behind.
If you want to hear the music go to this link and you can listen to each song: This is the original soundtrack not the one with Corbin Bleu.
Corbin Bleu from High School musical is the lead right now for In The Heights, so I told Scott that he was going to remember me from High School Musical (my claim to fame). He just laughed, but as he was singing a song in the show he looked at me and pointed to me. I started laughing because of what I said earlier. I know he didn't really remember me, it was just funny what I said and then what happened. Anyways, the show was amazing! Super funny, especially if you live in Washington Heights you get a few more of the jokes.
So jealous! Glad you liked it. I'm even more excited to see it.
ReplyDeleteYou WON?!? That's so awesome. Whenever we come to NY someday, can we enter the lottery under your name? Ha. I'm so excited for you guys.
ReplyDeleteYou must be really lucky! When wicked came to Utah they did the same thing and we entered 5 times! My mom won on the 5th attempt, but I passed it up because we were going to see it in NY in like 2 weeks.
ReplyDeleteSO much fun!! This is why I need to come visit you because you know all the ins and outs now of NY!
ReplyDelete