Thursday, March 11, 2010

American Idol Guy's Night Review

I reviewed the girl's night of American Idol, now is time for the guys.

Lee Dewyze (23 year old from Illinois)
He sang "Fireflies" by Owl City. I really loved this song! There were a few not so good notes, but I don't think it matters with him. He's probably one of my favorites because he reminds me of David Cook. I like the rocker kind of voice he has. I think he will go very far in the competition.

Alex Lambert (19 year old from Texas)
He sang "Trouble" by Ray LaMontagne. Even though he still seems scared to be on stage, I think he is really good! He has such an amazing voice, very different. He just needs confidence and that will come with time. I think he'll stay in for a while.

Tim Urban (20 year old from Texas)
He sang "Hallelujah" by Jeff Buckley. I am not a huge Tim Urban fan, but this week I liked him more. He was a lot better than in previous weeks. I kept comparing him singing to Jason Castro when he sang that song a few seasons ago on idol, and they don't compare. I enjoyed Jason Castro's version a lot better.

Andrew Garcia (24 year old from California)
He sang "Genie in a Bottle" by Christina Aguilera. I don't think this was the best song choice for him. The lyrics were a little awkward with him singing them, but then again I didn't like it when Christina Aguilera sang it either. I really like his voice though and I think he has a lot of talent.

Casey James (27 year old from Texas)
He sang "You'll Think of Me" by Keith Urban. He was all right. My favorite song that he sang was "Heaven." Nothing else has really compared. He needs to pick better songs.

Aaron Kelly (16 year old from Pennsylvania)
He sang "I'm Already There" by Westlife. I don't like Aaron Kelly at all... I just don't think he is anything different. He sings songs that are obviously too old for him, and don't even relate to him. This song he sang was about a dad and his kids. I think he could go home this week.

Todrick Hall (24 year old from Texas)
He sang "Somebody to Love" by Queen. I have never liked Todrick but last night I did. He was one of the only ones that actually moved to the music, and got into it. Everyone else was pretty stiff. I love Queen though so maybe that's why I liked it.

Michael Lynche (26 year old from Florida)
He sang "This Woman's Work" by Maxwell. He was really good last night. I'm not a huge fan of Michael but I do like his personality. Last night he was one of the best though. I think he's getting better and better. He doesn't really sing my style of music, but I'm growing to like him.

Wow, 50% of the boys are from Texas! Usually it's more spread out than that. Last night was a bit of a disappointment for me. I was expecting more from the guys, but parts were a little boring. I would say my favorites are still Lee Dewyze and Alex Lambert.

Tonight, they will announce the Top 12. I'm excited for next week when the Top 12 will perform and that's when the competition I feel really begins!

I'm going to a Broadway Show with my hubby tonight, so I'll have to look online to see the results of tonight. We are going to see Next to Normal which I am so excited about! That's one thing I love about New York---Broadway!

2 comments:

  1. Dying of jealousy.....gasp......falling....dying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with all you said. I really really like Alex's voice. Mom likes Tim just because he's "adorable" haha she made me vote for him last night. So hopefully my 50 votes will help "Adorable" stay in. I really hope the little kid goes off. He reminds me of David Archuletta too much and it bugs the heck out of me! They all need to choose better songs! have fun tonight! love, Court

    ReplyDelete