Last night I worked overtime for an attorney that had a deposition today. I ended up staying until 9:30 pm, and I started work at 9:30 am= total 12 hour work day. The good thing about overtime is I get paid time and a half, if I stay past 7:30 I get dinner paid for, and past 8 I get a car to take me home. I decided that I didn't even have time to eat dinner so I just opted to get money which is nice and ate snacks in my bag. Then when I went home I didn't have to take the subway and it took 20 minutes to get driven home. One thing I realized is that I haven't been in a car since we were home before Christmas. It felt so different to ride in a car other than the subway or bus. Weird to say you haven't been in a car for 3 months...different life.
Working a long day made me realize more than ever that I do not want to be a career woman. In fact, I never have. I'm just working to pay the bills so we can take out less student loans for now. That's not so bad to say is it?
No, it's not bad to say. Figure out what's right for you and your family, then make no apologies. You get to decide what your life will be!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete