Thursday, July 15, 2010

Be suspicious of empty subway cars....

Here is a survival tip if you ever come to New York City....

Yesterday morning, I was waiting for the A train to come to take me to work. Of course during peak commuting times the subway cars are usually full. I saw the train approaching and noticed that there was one that was pretty empty. I ran to get into that car, and it took me only 1 second to realize why there was no one on the train. There was a homeless guy with all of his stuff, and he stunk soooo bad! I ran out of the car along with probably 30 other people to get into another subway car. Thankfully I made it and enjoyed my commute with minimal bad smells. I was thinking about it and I felt bad for that guy and the reaction I'm sure he gets all day, but I just couldn't imagine sitting for 20 minutes with that strong odor. I just about gagged being in there for 2 seconds. This has happened a few times, and I always think, maybe it's just an empty car....but lesson learned, it never is.

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog through Chelsea's blog. We just moved to Brooklyn from Utah and I'm trying to learn how to navigate the subway system. I always get excited when I see an empty subway car because I hate when it's crowded, especially when traveling with a baby. But now I know not to chase those empty cars down. Thanks for saving me the trouble!

    ReplyDelete