Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Falling in Slow Motion


Last night I was heading to a Relief Society activity up at the church.  I got to the subway stop and as usual was trying to get my metro card out of my wallet while running down the stairs.  While in the process of pulling out my card, I caught the step weird and began to fall.  I I literally felt like I was falling in slow motion.  Every once and a while my foot would catch another step, but I kept falling.  The only thought that kept running through my head was, "I'm going to fall on my face... I'm going to fall on my face!"  It felt like there was nothing I could do but continue to fall.  The fall that seemed like forever ended when I fell into the arms of an older guy about to head up the stairs.  I was shaken up by the whole thing and embarrassed.  So when he asked if I was okay the only thing that came out of my mouth was, "Sorry... Sorry... I think I tripped."  I also think I mustered a thanks, and I heard him yell, "be careful!" as I ran down the next set of stairs.  It was an embarrassing moment, but I was grateful that the person was there to keep me from falling on my face:)  All I ended up with was a little scratch on my finger - which probably happened on the wall as I was trying to grab onto the rail but missed.  Thinking about it later, I laughed about it because it is kind of a funny story.  Embarrassing, but funny.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Ash!!! That's always my fear in the Subway running to catch the train! I'm so grateful that he was there to catch you! I feel like there is a scriptural analogy in this story. I'm glad you shared, and extremely happy you were safe. <3 you!
    Aunt Diana

    ReplyDelete