What's for Dinner?
One of the things I was most excited about when getting married was having someone to cook for. I love to cook and thought it would be so fun to plan and make meals. I had this vision of Scott coming home and me having dinner all made for him. My dream didn't include the fact that both of us would both be busy with work and school. Anyways...I need some help! I feel like I am in a cooking rut and need some recipes to help me out. Does anyone else have this problem? If you have any recipes that you would like to share with me I would greatly appreciate it! I will post any recipes that I receive. I will also post any other recipes that I make to hopefully help others out that may have this problem.
I cooked dinner tonight for my family and it felt like the first time in years. I can't even remember the last time I REALLY cooked something. (It probably hasn't been THAT long...) I made Ostensen Chicken Soup that I got from (you guessed it) my friends, the Ostensens. It was yummy, but all my kids complained that it was too hot. They still don't grasp the concept that cooking food makes it hot. Ben made them tell me thank you.
ReplyDeleteIt's great that you have a desire to cook; you are so domestic! I think you have most of my good recipes... but I'll take a look through my book. Love you.
I made a favorite/easy one tonight.
ReplyDelete1 lb thin spaghetti (do the thin, it cooks faster)
1 jar pesto
1-2 cooked chicken breasts (I had leftover rotisserie chicken and used that)
1 package grape tomatoes
any white/soft cheese you have lying around (I usually use goat or mozzarella--this is also optional)
Cook pasta until al dente
While pasta is cooking, mix together a few spoonfuls of the pesto with the chicken and heat it through, add the tomatoes (to the chicken mix) the last couple minutes before you drain the pasta.
Drain the pasta and put it back in the pot. Dump the rest of the pesto in and mix. Dump the chicken and tomatoes in and mix. Put in whatever cheese you have and mix. Serve with parmesan on top.
Yummy and takes about 10-15 min : )