Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes

Picture stolen from Abbie's blog. Isn't she an amazing photographer?

Here's the recipe: These cupcakes are really good and semi-homemade which are the kind of recipes I love! This recipe is from this book:
Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes:
1 package white cake mix
2 eggs
1 cup whipping cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. salt
2 cups diced strawberries
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 recipe whipped cream

Add sugar to strawberries in a medium bowl. Stir and set aside. Mix together cake mix, eggs, whipping cream, vanilla, and salt and beat until light and fluffy. Pour 1-2 tablespoons batter into paper liners. Add 2 tablespoons strawberry mixture on top. Cover strawberries with more batter and fill 3/4 full. Save extra strawberries for garnish. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Allow cake to cool slightly before serving with whipped cream and strawberries.

Frost with Whipped Cream:
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/4-1/2 cup powdered sugar (depending on your preference)

Pour cream into large mixing bowl and start mixing at low speed. Gradually increase speed until cream thickens and soft peaks form. Turn off mixer and add sugar. Start slowly again--to avoid a mess. Beat until stiff peaks form.

*The stiffer the cream, the easier it is to frost the cupcakes. Keep refrigerated.

2 comments:

  1. YAY YAY YAY! I'm so glad you posted this! I think I may need to buy that book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were so good! Forrest will be very glad I got the recipe.

    ReplyDelete