Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A few pounds of potatoes...

I went to Target last night with a friend while she went to Costco and was excited to find that the new Target has more of a selection of food than the one I usually go to. I was shopping, and walked past where they had potatoes, and I thought, "Oh we need some red potatoes, I'll buy a 5 pound bag." I was excited when I got home that I was able to buy potatoes at Target. When Scott got home I showed him all of the stuff I bought, and showed him the potatoes. He looks at me and says,"but we already have potatoes." Then I said, "No we don't, remember we were at Costco and decided that the 10 pound bag of potatoes was too much...." Then Scott opened up the pantry and there was the 10 pound bag of red potatoes... I came to a realization that now we had 15 pounds of potatoes. I was not so excited about my find anymore... What are we going to do with 15 pounds of potatoes? Do you need any?

4 comments:

  1. ha. That's funny. Is it possible to slice and then freeze potatoes or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. where is this new target you speak of? In the BX across from where we used to live? and

    2. I love roasted red potatoes--cut them into big wedges, place them on a cookie sheet, take some cloves of garlic and chop in half, place on cookie sheet as well, cover garlic and pots in olive oil (lightly!),sprinkle dried thyme, rosemary, kosher salt and pepper (mix around a bit) pop in the oven covered in foil for about 45min and then take the cover off for another 15 min. I think you put the oven at 375*

    Sorry if you already do this : ) but it's my favorite kind of potato right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know about freezing them, but scalloped potatoes or home made hash browns sound good! Maybe make that and invite a friend over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I do, please send the red potatoes to Utah. thanks your a peach :)

    ReplyDelete